gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1126 Posts in 241 Topics by 59 Members - Latest Member: Narwek February 24, 2018, 02:09:59 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Login | Register | Server Status | Magic | Bloodlines | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Bug Fixes need tested!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bug Fixes need tested!!  (Read 149 times)

Baaleos

Bug Fixes need tested!!
« on: January 23, 2018, 10:32:28 AM »
Need testers for functionality

Im at work - so cannot jump on the server, but I have done a bit of sneaky work on the possession functionality.

Can someone create a 'Demon' subrace character and then try using Playertool02 on an NPC. 
(The game-rules/logic has not been applied yet - so anything is possessable for the time being)

There is a high chance of crashing while this code is in.
If it crashes or you see any unexpected behavior, let me know, I can disable the functionality.

Areas that need to be tested would be:

1. What happens when using playertool02 as a Demon on an NPC
2. Can you summon your familiar    <---- Seems to be working
3. Can you possess your real familiar
4. When you rest - do you get your charge for Summon Familiar back etc

Similarly -
If someone can try gaining XP while polymorphed or possessing a creature.
The code in place should, if it works, prevent level ups while possessing or polymorphed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:46:12 PM by Baaleos »

Epic Dude

Re: Bug Fixes need tested!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »
I'll hop in and make one as soon as I'm done my marinade.

[UPDATE]
I only have Playertool 1 and 5, no playertool 2, with my "demon", it does a knockdown and negative damage but doesn't possess the target, tried on friendly and enemy NPC's. Do I need to hit a certain level to unlock possess ability?

Familiar resets, summons, and possesses as normal.

haven't been able to test it on a levelup yet.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:30:02 PM by Epic Dude »

Baaleos

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 10:46:02 PM »
Thanks
I have tested the possession - it works without crash.
However...

It does seem that once possessed, the unpossess familiar option does not appear.
This basically traps you in the body of the creature.
You may notice that the Guardian of Rhun is a spectre now - I possessed him, and then logged out - It seems that logging out inside the body of a creature might mess up the creature.
More to fix.

I am looking at improving it.

Baaleos

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 11:14:34 PM »
My tinkering is paying off.
I have now got the 'unpossess familiar' button appearing.

It currently crashes when I use it... but its a step in the right direction.

Possession is going to be so much fun for Gods and Demons alike.

Epic Dude

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 02:12:36 AM »
Hahahaha LET THE WEIRD HAPPENINGS BEGIN!

Epic Dude

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 02:55:58 AM »
We're still trying to tack down what does it but I think resting causes a server crash. It's happened several times now, and the last entry in my system log is always "Resting" before the server becomes unresponsive, though my NWN engine continues attempting to function, so it's not a freeze on our end.

UPDATE:
Apparently it was when Unitive tried to summon his companion (Druid). Something to do with your summon/unsummon tweaks maybe?

UPDATED UPDATE:
Yeah, it's definitely summoning familiars that does it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:02:48 AM by Epic Dude »

Baaleos

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 03:12:32 PM »
Resting fixed
Summoning Familiars Fixed

Surprisingly... I even got the Possession/Unpossess working too.

However, the code was leaving the target in the players party as familiar/associates.
I am testing some code that should remove them from the associate list after the unpossess.

Baaleos

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 03:45:03 PM »
Possess and Unpossess for demons is working - the creature is now removed from the players party and associate list.
However- It looks like there are occasions when it remains in a neutral / friendly status with the player.
It also looks like if theyre ai attempts to make them attack - it forces the player to unpossess.

I am looking into it- at least its not crashing

Baaleos

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 08:35:58 PM »
Possession has been improved to prevent possessed mages from further possessing their own summoned familiars.
This was resulting in the player being unable to return to their body.

Be aware - possessing npcs seems to leave them in a none-conversable state.
Not sure what is causing it.

Epic Dude

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 12:25:20 AM »
Could it be a faction change? or does being "inhabited" by a PC remove their dialogue cues?

Baaleos

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 12:49:42 AM »
Im not too sure.
I know there is some sort of weird effect associated with their faction / reputation against the possesssor.
I think it is designed like that so that if your familiar attacks you, you can possess it to bring it under control.

Perhaps the possession code is removing the scripts that are on the creature also.
May have to write some 'reset' code to make it reset the creature to the state it was in before possession - script and faction wise.

Byakuya7

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 07:20:01 PM »
Hi im test this playertool in night when im play with my friends.

Its cool idea for control enemies but all bugged in script must change it for time and add change race back for enemy when spell end. My friend and me play as demon at one time and when he miss click use this playertool on Boss of Reyonic its work succesfull and he can controll this but when he release this spell on companion he not change status from friend to enemy then we must attack him (i mean to its not friendly with etum guardians :)  and im got other bug meybe its little but when im play with two this same level demon and im get quest for Tankard of Balrag (recall for Warrrior guild) when im talk with npc he give my "Bounty note for Brod" not for me but for my friend who not talk with him meybe but its not that problematic like this mind controll.

When repair this spell for back this enemy to normal its can be cool but i mean to better create this spell on item and add to demon subrace becouse when can cast as playertool we not have cooldown and can do it every time when we want.

The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Bug Fixes need tested!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx