gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1009 Posts in 220 Topics by 53 Members - Latest Member: malyveta April 29, 2017, 03:30:03 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Facebook | Login | Register | Server Status | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  General Category  |  General Chat  |  Gaming and such...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gaming and such...  (Read 462 times)

Azul

Gaming and such...
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:55:51 AM »
  • Publish
  • I have over 200 games at my beck and call (between Steam,Gog and other sources) but I have yet to find any game that has given me as much enjoyment as NWN1. I have a love-hate-love relationship with this server...I love the many options one can have to raise a PC.
    I hate it that Vamps are so overpowered. I love the Daeva class, but hate the weakness's inherent after using some abilities.

I love the Fae racial benefits, but DAMN! They are not an easy play. I guess I will always favor the Drow race as my chosen PC...after all these years Azul has become a part of me. Not sure if the Demons were left by the wayside or continued to develop.

I hope some of you still play on this server. I'll be on this weekend to try some different tactics etc..

I'll see you in our game.

-Azul

Baaleos

Re: Gaming and such...
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:12:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • I admit that the server has fallen into a kinda Moratorium state, I lack much of the energy to maintain and finish the work on it, but at the same time, cant bring myself to shut it down.
    I have aspirations to start a new Server, however such an endeavor would be a lot of work.

I agree that the vampires are somewhat overpowered, having virtually unlimited ability score progression (up to 20-25 points in each attribute?)
    Coupled with the Divinity System - which was created to give Post level 40 progression.

If I had a team of people, I'd love to start a new project, using the best parts of Worlds of Rhun, finishing the things I really want to get done.
    Eg: The Divinity System - God Players etc
    I started the God Subrace as a way for Players to attain semi-DM like abilities, in order to tell stories and create their own roleplays.

Other races such as Demon - which was meant to be the anti-thesis of the Deity race - never got finished.

If I was to create a new project, the following  races would follow

Deity
    Demon
    Fae
    Daeva
    Ascended
    Ori
    Alteran
    Vampire - With nerfs

Spell Systems:
    Rituals
    Incantations

Rift System - With modifications (ability to enter the rift and fight in the Plane of X (Air, Fire etc)

Anyway - lots of things I would like to do, but its hard to dedicate time to doing it.

Magicbridge

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 03:38:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • Did you take the server down? I can't seem to find it anymore.
    I'm not crazy...I'm completely insane!!!

Baaleos

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 09:02:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • Yeah
    No one was playing it and it cost too much to keep it up for no reason.

Can always bring it back in the future - but until then, I am tightening my belt financially.

Magicbridge

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 02:06:18 AM »
  • Publish
  • Got to do what you got to do...besides...with the force on Windows 10...is it even playable anymore?
    I'm not crazy...I'm completely insane!!!

The Worlds of Rhun  |  General Category  |  General Chat  |  Gaming and such...

Facebook Comments

gfxgfx
    gfx gfx