gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1078 Posts in 232 Topics by 57 Members - Latest Member: UnitiveRoom8 January 17, 2018, 02:36:47 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Login | Register | Server Status | Magic | Bloodlines | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  Technical Assistance  |  Worlds of Rhun Help  |  Area crash
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Area crash  (Read 745 times)

Raikon

Area crash
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:27:37 AM »
Hi, i will need some help what to do.
Saturday with my char i go to an instance in the Old Forest and i crashed everytime that i logged with this char. I need to presume that i did not download something additional for this server. I tried to run the rhun updater but i got the message that the game location is not found. Could you please guys help me and guide how to fix this ?
Thanks.

Baaleos

Re: Area crash
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
Can you try running the downloader from the NWN game directory. Let me know if that does not work.

Raikon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »
This was my intention too. Ok i will try this evening and i will let you know :)

Baaleos

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »
There are two ways that the Rhun Downloader tries to get the Directory for nwn.

1. It should look for nwmain.exe in the current directory. If it finds it - then it treats that as the nwn directory.

2. It reads from the registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bioware\NWN\Neverwinter    and it looks at a key called 'location' which should point to the directory for nwn.
If you are on a 64bit OS, then the registry key will be stored at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bioware\NWN\Neverwinter

If you copied your nwn directory / install from another machine, or have not installed it using the install discs then the registry keys may not be present.
In which case you will need to use option 1.
However- you can also fool the Rhun Downloader into thinking it is installed properly, by creating the keys at the locations specified above.

Raikon

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »
Well i think it's now, we will see in game :)
Thanks for the help Baal.

The Worlds of Rhun  |  Technical Assistance  |  Worlds of Rhun Help  |  Area crash

gfxgfx
gfx gfx