gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1078 Posts in 232 Topics by 57 Members - Latest Member: UnitiveRoom8 January 17, 2018, 02:39:26 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Login | Register | Server Status | Magic | Bloodlines | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Old News  |  Rhun Status Update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rhun Status Update  (Read 683 times)

Baaleos

Rhun Status Update
« on: April 20, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
There seems to be something wrong with the server, in that when it crashes for whatever reason, part of the program still runs in the background, which keeps the Game Port in use.
This means, when the game tries to restart itself, it cannot bind to the game port, because its already in use by the phantom process in the background.

I've tried to resolve this now in 2 ways:

1. I have created a background application that will rest on the Server Box: It will try to get a server status update from the game server every 1 minute. If for whatever reason it cannot, it will kill all processes to do with nwn, and then restart the server clean.

2. If for whatever reason that application goes offline, the Rhun Server Status page at asmodei.net is now configured to also perform the same function.
    It used to be that if the server was offline, and you tried to look at the server status, you would get an ugly error page. Now it nicer, and also performs some function too. It will let you know that the server is offline, but then it will attempt to restart the server for you.

You the players, now have the ability to bring the server back online, if it is offline to begin with.

I am due to be in Cork (Ireland) next week from Monday, to Thursday Night - So I will have limited access to the server.
May not be able to get in the server at all, and ability to reboot may be limtied also  - so these features help give a more stable game experience.

The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Old News  |  Rhun Status Update

gfxgfx
gfx gfx