gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1078 Posts in 232 Topics by 57 Members - Latest Member: UnitiveRoom8 January 17, 2018, 02:48:32 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Login | Register | Server Status | Magic | Bloodlines | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Old News  |  Levels 41-45
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Levels 41-45  (Read 3236 times)

Magicbridge

Re: Levels 41-45
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 01:30:35 AM »
Yes. I de leveled to level 40 and it wasn't right, so I had Tony kill me which brought me down to level 39 and that's when I noticed that my spell book was non existent, so I chose spells all the way from Cantrips to my level 9 spells.  I am not at level 41 again but my Fae had only 3 options for feats at level 41.  Her options were Epic Spell, Epic Energy Resistance, or Great Charisma.  Two of those feats can be chosen multiple times.  When I took my 41st level I just chose Great Charisma over and over because I had no interest in the 3 Epic Spells that were left and I have many Immunities.  Would bringing my Charisma from 37 to 42 all at once have screwed up my spells?  That was my initial thought.  Next time I get a Divinity level/NWN level I will try something else and see if anything changes.  If she goes wonky again I will leave her be until you can look at her.  Through it all I did still have my Hellball and Greater Ruin.  I'm guessing I kept those spells because they were technically feats instead of spells. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:56:23 AM by Magicbridge »
I'm not crazy...I'm completely insane!!!

Magicbridge

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 03:53:42 PM »
So Serene Light got Divinity Level 7 and NWN Level 41 again this morning.  Her spell preparations are gone (even though she is a Sorceress and Fae) but her spells are in her spell book still.  It seems that happened last night also.  There were no more spells to get at level 0 so I just went on.  I looked at her spell book and her spells SEEM to be there.  I have not tried resting her or anything else.  I wrote down what spells she had and came straight here.  There is no rush on this right now as we won't be home for too much longer today.  Very long day ahead of us.  Hope you have a good day.

Baaleos

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 12:55:40 PM »
Can you log in as her again, and this time rest, and see if they become available.

I suspect it is something to do with the spells per day values dont exist for levels 41+

I've added a 2da to the override folder on the server, that might add this data in for levels up to 60.
If it doesnt, then we have a bigger problem.

Have a rest, and let me know if her spells come back.

Baaleos

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »
Ok, this issue appears to be affecting fae subrace only I think.

Do you remember if you lost the ability to cast spells after having cast a spell after level 41, or did you lose them as soon as you hit 41?
From what I can see, your Spells per day amounts have been set to 0 by the game engine for some reason.

My Vampire Morissa is 75 and she casts spells fine - so im thinking it might be a Fae thing.

The fae have special code put in place that restores their spells to max casts per day, after casting spells.
So Im just wondering if maybe the code combined with the level 41, equalled a value of 0 when it was assigning your max spells number/value.

I will investigate this tonight when I get home, and hopfully be able to fix it in a way that allows you to keep your level 41.

Magicbridge

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
In answer to your question, Serene Light immediately lost her spells when she hit level 41.  Her spell book apparently was wiped out but I didn't see the empty spell book until I relogged.  When she lost her spells the 2nd time she hit 41, I was able to look at her spell book and write them all down before I relogged.  When I came back earlier today, it was empty.

On a possibly unrelated note, her Light Magic did increase to 91 when she hit level 41.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:57:05 PM by Magicbridge »

Baaleos

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »
Light Magic is calculated as Level + 50;
So 41+50 = 91, that much makes sense.

Spotted a few bugs in the Fae scripts - that dont account for level 41+
They will be fixed, and then I will have a look at fixing the amount of spells.

Best I can tell, your spells are still known by your character, when I open them up in an external editor, (im at work here, so I am limited in what I can see)
When I look in the external editor, it looks like the spells are still there, but you spell casting ability has been compromised - all your spell levels have their Casts per day set to 0.

The fae do have code that updates the Current Casts per day, to be the Max value for their spell level, but it seems the nwn engine has set your max per day to be 0.
I might have to patch this with code, so that everytime you level up, it sets your spells per day to 9 etc

Magicbridge

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »
OK...I may see a problem here.  When my spell book was wiped the 1st time I had to redo all spells.  This time I left it alone.  But when I selected spells after the first incident I swapped a few out for others.  Will that affect anything?

Baaleos

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »
Hi Mary,
TBH, I dont know whats causing your issue.
I have tried to resolve the issue, and 'heal' your character, but no matter what I do, it doesnt re-enable your spell casting ability.
When you level up, it shows only the cantrips as available spells, and no other spell levels.

I am not sure why this only affects fae, I may even have to disable the level 41+ levels for fae altogether, just to prevent characters getting affected by this.

Magicbridge

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 03:11:53 PM »
You do whatever you have to.  I am a happy camper either way.  :D  You are awesome.  I know sooner or later you will figure it out.  Until then I'm not worried about it. 

Magicbridge

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 06:06:12 PM »
I have a thought here...but I want to run it past you before I try it in case you may have tried this already.  What if I delvl back to 40, get my 41st level and relog before I do the level?  My spell book doesn't seem to empty out until I relog.  I'm curious if I can do my 41st level and redo my spells then. 

Baaleos

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 01:59:12 PM »
Based on my experiments, it seems that you lose access to your spells as soon as you take a sorc level above level 40.
When I tested it with taking another level, everything seemed fine - eg: Leveling up Rogue instead.

I don't think re-logging strategically will help avoid this issue.
Its weird that it only affects fae.

Magicbridge

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 01:57:26 AM »
I'm noticing that Caius pays Divinity points for any characters over lvl 40...the others do not...once you get level 41 you stop getting points from anyone but Caius...Is this by design?

Baaleos

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »
They are all meant to give the points, its just that some of their scripts may not have been updated correctly.
When I made changes to the divinity function that awards the points, I changed it from

if(Level == 40)   to be if(Level >= 40)

When I change this in a central location (the include files), I need to recompile all the scripts that use this function.
I thought I had got most/all of them, it seems I havent.

I will try to update it tonight to resolve.

Magicbridge

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 02:43:34 AM »
And it is working properly now.  My level 41 Fae got points for the Reaper tonight.  Thank you Baal. :)

Baaleos

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 08:43:09 AM »
Cool,
thanks for letting me know

The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Old News  |  Levels 41-45

gfxgfx
gfx gfx