gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1078 Posts in 232 Topics by 57 Members - Latest Member: UnitiveRoom8 January 17, 2018, 02:34:50 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Login | Register | Server Status | Magic | Bloodlines | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Old News  |  Linux Characters are not coming back
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Linux Characters are not coming back  (Read 837 times)

Baaleos

Linux Characters are not coming back
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:52:58 AM »
I just want to explain this once and once only.

When we had to move to the Linux server - I copied over the server vault from windows-
Then we were playing on Linux- but the server was very bugged- feats, skills and all sorts of things went wrong- Tony/Mary even ended up with a level 1 Minotaur with 120+ to STR or something...
Now that we are back on the windows server- and things are working relatively fine- I have no choice but to call our little trip to Linux World a failure.
Any characters from that server are essentially quarantined, as their likely corrupted due to the bugs.
Even if they do work on windows server- they would likely have unfair advantages caused by the Linux bugs.

As such- we will be using the Windows Server vault- from before the move to Linux.
No amount of asking, or messages will change my decision about this:

If you see a player who has a character the same name as one you saw on Linux- they DID NOT get it transferred back from Linux- that character just existed on windows before they Linux move, and was played on both servers, 2 separate instances of the character, when we went back to Windows, the Linux version was left behind, and the player has begun playing with their old windows character, which was a few weeks old.

The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Old News  |  Linux Characters are not coming back

gfxgfx
gfx gfx