gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1009 Posts in 220 Topics by 53 Members - Latest Member: malyveta March 24, 2017, 02:04:59 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Facebook | Login | Register | Server Status | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  Lore  |  Lore - Races  |  Raising a Drow character
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Raising a Drow character  (Read 1731 times)

Azul

Raising a Drow character
« on: June 28, 2013, 03:21:58 AM »
  • Publish
  • I've seen a few Drow players on (very few). it isn't easy to raise a Drowling, the Underdark consumes it's young sometimes ;).

I play one for sentimental reasons. For those interested, some advice/info:

Drow have to be of Evil alignment (CE/NE/LE all work). In standard Rhun once your character was created you could freely shift the alignment afterward. Azul was normally a LN to make him immune to Smite Evil/Great Smite. Don't do that on this server, you'll probably end up with an unplayable character that the Drow are hostile to.

When you are given the choice of where to go in the Empire of the Drow, go to the Acadamy District. Touch the gate and recieve your Sub-race teleport item. Check out the shops in Sorcere, Melee Magthere and the Temple. head out the gates to the merchant area for other items/scrolls etc.. The store in Melee Magthere is a rip-off btw :)

Stick to the setteled areas at low levels. Always travel under Invis/Imp Invis/Greater Sanctuary when in the Underdark proper...vampire bats are deadly to low levels.

When you are ready to train (all Drow train in Melee Magthere btw) equip your meager items then head into the hall and speak to the Master. Take the portal down then the next portal dow for the battles. If you are doing it solo, be prepared for a long slow struggle. Nothing but fire beetles that only drop Beetle bellies. Then more Fire Beetles. You won't see any loot drops untill you reach level 3 character where you face Gnolls and Goblin Shamen. I usually only train there long enough to get some invis potions and a few upgrades to my gear. Most of my leveling is done on the surface in the usual areas.

Once a PC reaches level 5, speak to the Master again in Melee Magthere and do your Blooding Battle. Afterward pick up your foe's head speak to the Master again and he'll give you a Graduation Document. Then you should join a Drow House. The Major Houses will only accept certain types...House Alushrie wants clerics, Somarish wants Fighters etc.. NOTE Only your first class is a qualifier. A Wizard/Fighter won't be accepted by Somarish but a Fighter/Wizard will be. Once you join your House either one of the 8 Great Houses or one of the several lesser ones, you'll recieve a House Insignia thats a teleport item, plus usually has several other usefull properties. House Somarish has Dark Fire, Keen Edge and Dominate Monster.

One of the drow players on Shayan's old forum lamented that after level 5, there was nothing else for Drow to do. Not really true, you can collect the portal stones, travel all about the surface areas (1800 to 0600).Daylight doesn't damage drow but causes periodic blindness/attack bonus loss etc., and spells like Invis and GSanct may not work right.

Azul discovered how to use the "Fixer" in the Brass Dragon Tavern. Belor is the guy who gets you out of trouble if you get caught picking a lock/breaking in/pickpocketing in Etum. he was never intended to help the sub-races, but paying him makes all the side-quest givers neutral, Hadush, the shop keepers, the Hobbyhorse mage, citizens, guards etc are non-hostile. This lasts untill a server reset or you get killed and go to the Void. Then you have to pay him again. You can't do the 2 epic quests in standard Rhun because The Lady of the Moon, Zolad and Tanzantor all remain hostile. But you can do the Taer Overseer's quest, the Valthek Quest and the Taer Prison quest etc.. I ALWAYS unready my weapon before I enter Etum, the last thing you want to do is kill an Etum citizen or guard...the Magistrates Justice is swift and merciless :) Always travel under GSanctuary in Etum/Glacial Hills/desert Springs at night unless you're shopping the merchant quarter.

On standard Rhun servers Drow PCs can attack and loot the Drow houses, all Drow then turn hostile. But all is forgiven after a server re-set or you end up eating Void dirt again. On this server, don't do it. One player told me even after he died, the Drow were still hostile.

You need to stay out of the Guilds in Etum also the Guild Masters remain hostile (again on standard Rhun) not sure about this server on that one.

Well, hope all this helps if someone considers playing a Drow. See you in our game.

-Azul

P.S. There is also an Assasin's Guild hidden in the caverns which gives you yet another Drow teleport item, the best store prices and the ability to hire a Drow Assasin (for the hefty fee of 10 million gps).

Azul

Re: Raising a Drow character
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • Azul is quite well traveled for a Drow considering how xenophobic,insular and paranoid the race is. You can often find him in some very strange places in Worlds of Rhun. One might often find him sitting quietly at a  table in the Thirsty Fae swilling ale (carefully cloaked and hooded naturally). Most Drow abhor the taste of ale, but Azul has developed quite an appreciation for it.

He is waiting for someone to arrive so that some delicate negotiations can move forward.

-Azul

Azul

Re: Raising a Drow character
    « Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 03:20:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • There are very few things for a Drow player to do in the Underdark after joining their Drow House. Shayan said he created the Underdark for RPing, that he wanted to do an epic quest for the Drow, but that he wanted to do it justice.

The few quests available in the Underdark don't yeild very much useful treasure for any player, much less a Drow.

I'm not quite sure why I fell for the Underdark and Azul as a character. On the old Aussie "Rhun" server, Azul was an underdog and severely outnumbered. Many high level players came through the UD and killed the Acadamy instructors and Drow merchants. So Azul became a guardian for the UD. A part of me wanted to add to the "danger factor" of entering the UD. it was a lawless server, but very few players PVPed or even Roleplayed. Azul changed that to some extent.

It's sad that more players don't play on this server. Baal has done an awesome job with all the worlds , spells and races etc., he's added.

Well, enough for now. I will always consider this server my "Home"...Rhun on Steroids ;)

-Azul

P.S: Thanks to Tony and Mary for keeping the flame burning and testing out Baal's evil changes ;)

The Worlds of Rhun  |  Lore  |  Lore - Races  |  Raising a Drow character

Facebook Comments

gfxgfx
    gfx gfx