gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1078 Posts in 232 Topics by 57 Members - Latest Member: UnitiveRoom8 January 17, 2018, 02:51:06 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Login | Register | Server Status | Magic | Bloodlines | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  Technical Assistance  |  Worlds of Rhun Help  |  Server down
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Server down  (Read 2145 times)

Magicbridge

Server down
« on: January 25, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
Server looks like it is down on my end.  Did it crash?  I have been up for 40 minutes or so and the server has been showing that it is not up.
I'm not crazy...I'm completely insane!!!

Baaleos

Re: Server down
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:08:29 PM »
Sorry for the delay.

I was out getting trashed last night, and obviously woke up this morning a little.....er.... well.. You know..

Only out of bed like an hour ago.
Server is now starting up again as normal.

Magicbridge

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:19:23 PM »
Server has been down for a couple of hours now...it has been resetting more often then every 72 hours...closer to every 48 hours...but when it went down earlier today it had only been up for 25 or so hours.

Baaleos

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 12:09:05 AM »
Server is currently offline while windows updates are installed.
 Had this on hold for while over 45 to install.
May be tomorrow morn before back online.

Magicbridge

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »
Hi Baal,
Server went down about 10 minutes ago.  It is still showing as down.  Hope you have a good day.

Magicbridge

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 07:11:09 PM »
I don't know if it's bad weather where the server is being hosted at or something else, but the server can't seem to stay up more then a few hours at a time anymore.  It's no worries for us, but just wanted to give you a heads up.  Hope you have a good day.

Baaleos

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
The server has been up for the last 38 hours.

I suspect some of the reboots may actually be getting caused by the Web Site 'asmodei.net'
When it fails to get a server status : it thinks the server is offline, so it kills any existing server processes, and then restarts.

I will see if I can make it more robust.

Magicbridge

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »
The day I posted it the server had reset 3 or 4 times that day.  Sometimes it was down for several hours.  The last time it reset, when it did come back up it said the server had been online for 5 hours or so but it had in fact been down those 5 hours (we started in the gateway when we came back in).  Twice it went down while Tony and I were online and as fortune had it, it went offline as I tried to access the Fae Realm.  Tony tested the Fae Realm a 3rd time and it didn't crash the server so that doesn't seem to be the problem.  But since we have been in these past 38 hours, we have not had both of our fae on at the same time.  FYI the Fae we were running together were lowbies.  Not our massively overpowering level 40 something toons.  Hope you have a good day.

Baaleos

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 01:36:16 PM »
If you suspect Fae abilities are causing crashes I will need to know some specifics.

1. Were you summoning a fae portal?
2. What area were you in when it crashed.
3. Any other activities that may have been on-going.
4. Did you or anyone you know use the Asmodei.net server status page at the same time?

Magicbridge

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »
When it happened, I was in the Dungeons of Zelifax and Tony was somewhere else, I think it may have been the Caves of Despair or mining ore or gathering plants.  I had de-leveled my toon so I was re-leveling to be able to run with him again.  I was attempting to access the Fae Realm via playertool 3 as I was injured and I know that regeneration is quicker in there then in the outside world.  It was just the two of us online at the time.  Tony does keep the server status page up while we are online so he can see where other players may be so he can stay out of their way and not invade their space.  He wants to know is that a bad thing to keep it open?  If so, he says he can not have it running all the time while we are online.  But now having said all that, he went on by himself later on after the server came back from a long crash and accessed the Fae Realm via playertool 3 and had no problems.  The server did not crash...it's me isn't it?!  It's all my fault right?  LOL  Hope this helps.

Baaleos

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 09:32:18 AM »
There has been instances in the past for me when I keep the Asmodei.net server status page open (since I added its refreshing capability)
It occasionally stalls.
When it stalls it has the chance to return no data - which fools it into thinking that the nwn server is down.
I cant conclusively say if thats whats happening.

If you would like to sit with a server status page open - I recommend this one
http://www.rhun.azmodan.net/index.php?action=serverstatus

As it seems to be more safe for long term viewing

Magicbridge

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 12:47:26 PM »
I forgot there were 2 Server Status pages...lol.  Tony only keeps asmodei.net open if he is deleting characters and he says he won't keep asmodei.net open even then if that is going to cause trouble.  I don't think he ever uses it for Server Status.  The one he keeps open all the time is the one you recommended, so that page doesn't seem to be the issue as he was not deleting characters that day.

Baaleos

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »
FYI - The crash that just happened - That was me - I was testing something and it looks like some tileset files were not on the server - so it crashed.
Shouldnt happen again hopfully.

Magicbridge

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
I kinda figured it was you...but no worries.  A little crash here and there when you are creating is part of the job.

The Worlds of Rhun  |  Technical Assistance  |  Worlds of Rhun Help  |  Server down

gfxgfx
gfx gfx