gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
1078 Posts in 232 Topics by 57 Members - Latest Member: UnitiveRoom8 January 17, 2018, 02:37:12 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Shop | Search | Calendar | Downloads | Login | Register | Server Status | Magic | Bloodlines | gfx
gfx
The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Old News  |  God Prayer System - Becoming more Roleplay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: God Prayer System - Becoming more Roleplay  (Read 1509 times)

Baaleos

God Prayer System - Becoming more Roleplay
« on: December 26, 2012, 02:58:23 AM »
I know I havent been working on Rhun much last few weeks -  I've been playing 'Secret World' a recently free to play mmorpg that I have a lifetime subscription to play.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you all a heads up on some of the new Rhun God System stuff I am making.

The Prayer system is going to be given multiple prayer types.

Mortals can pray to a God (another player) - and that God can choose to answer that prayer however they like.

This is NOT just a case or send a reply message.

The way this will work is like this:
The god will receive an e-mail :  the e-mail will say essentially something like
'This character is praying to you for XYZ, Click on this link to answer.'

When you click on the link, the prayer will open in another website - you can view the plea from the mortal, the type of prayer they are making, and then depending on the type of prayer, answer it with one of perhaps 4-5 options.

Eg:

Gold Requests - The mortal is praying for wealth.

You could  -   
Give the Player 5000 Gold   (Costs 100 Energy)
Give the Player 50000 Gold   (Costs 750 Energy)
Take 5000 Gold from the Player (Costs 1000 Energy)
Take 10000 Gold from the Player (Costs 1500 Energy)
Send a Bandit Party to rob the Player (Costs 2000 Energy)

Each Prayer answered by the God = +500 Energy to his reserves. (incentive to answer prayers)

Essentially - this is where Godhood shows the choices of Good Evil, and Roleplaying.
The idea of clicking on a button on a webpage and then having that cause an action in game is a very powerful tool, and is going to be made available to God Players.
This also puts a little risk into the prayer system. If you dare invoke a deities name, you had better be in their good books, or they may bring their wrath upon you. And even better, they dont need to be logged in to do it. They just need to read an e-mail, and click on a link.

I'd love to hear other peoples ideas of Prayer types, as well as potential answers to those prayers.

EG:
Prayer Type: Pray for powerful items.
1. Grant the player a Randomly Generated Tier 1 Item.
2. Grant the player a Randomly Generated Tier 4 Item.
3. Hide one of the Players treasured items at a location in Rhun
4. Give life to one of the items in the players inventory, and make it attack the player. (Imagine that spell that summons a flying autonomous sword)
5. Reduce the value of 5 items in Inventory by 25%

Baaleos

Re: God Prayer System - Becoming more Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 03:01:56 AM »
Note -  each prayer can only be answered once -   
if you attempt to answer the prayer a second time, it will tell you that the prayer has been answered, and will not allow you to select options for it.

I hope to have a working prototype of this soon (days to a week)

Proont

Re: God Prayer System - Becoming more Roleplay
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:33:55 AM »
Maybe a prayer for buffs?  Could give buffs like the demiplane, or the temple on that one planet for evil chars.  And if the deity is annoyed it could cause the plague you get from the deck of many things that's lasts until the server resets.

The Worlds of Rhun  |  Important Information  |  News & Information  |  Old News  |  God Prayer System - Becoming more Roleplay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx